Transit is a group session course in Copenhagen for those of you who have thoughts about your gender or your gender identity
Perhaps you feel unsure of your gender or gender identity. Maybe you feel sure, but lack new words, concepts, or ways to talk about it. Maybe you long to see yourself reflected in others who have similar thoughts, or maybe you need a safe place to share your experiences of navigating a gender-normative world.
Whether you are just starting to contemplate your gender identity or have been thinking about it for a while, feel confused or clarified, don’t know which words best describe yourself, or are simply at a loss for words, you are welcome in Transit. Visible and invisible disabilities, neurotypical and neurodivergent brains, all backgrounds and experiences are welcome in Transit.
Transit is a group session course over a period of eight weeks, where, once a week, two group leaders safely guide you through a series of topics that give you space to put into words your experiences, feelings, and thoughts about your gender identity. The groups consist of approx. 10 people, and the group leaders in Transit are themselves transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse people.
The themes for the 8 meetings are:
- Being in Transit: Welcome and introduction
- To be or not to be: Words and concepts relating to gender and identities
- To be oneself in the world: Meeting the world around us and coming out
- Being in one’s own body: Feelings and imaginings – euphoria and dysphoria
- Being in relation to others: About relationships, romance, and sex
- Being part of the world: On strategies, activism, and minority stress
- To be on the way: The future and further process
- Being in Transit: Conclusion
Practical information about Transit
- It is free to participate in Transit.
- Transit is based at LGBT+ Denmark’s premises in Copenhagen at Vestergade 18E, 1456 KBH K.
- You can participate in courses for 15–24-year-olds or 25+ year-olds in Danish.
- A course in English will also be offered in 2023 reserved for people who do not speak Danish or who do not speak Danish well enough to participate in a course in Danish.
- You can participate anonymously. Simply enter the name you wish to be called. All participants and group leaders are subject to confidentiality, so you can share what you need to freely during the meetings.
- A course takes place over a period of eight weeks and will be on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 18.00 and 20.30. It is important that you can attend as many of the meetings as possible, as Transit is a course.
- We serve a light meal at each meeting at approx. 19.00 – 19.20. Tea, coffee, water, and snacks are also served at the meetings.
- Each Transit group has 2 trans, non-binary, or gender diverse group leaders with great insight into the conditions that apply to gender and gender identity. The group leaders receive ongoing supervision and training in facilitating Transit.
- Each team consists of 10 participants, and it is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you have questions about Transit, you are welcome to contact Flor Ma Lysgaard, project manager for Transit: [email protected]
- Fill in the form below to be contacted by the group leaders with information about the waitlist and registration.
Update 06.06.23: The waiting list for Transit Copenhagen is closed until further notice
Transit for 15-24 year olds with a Frederiksberg postcode
The group session course takes place every Thursday from 18-20:30:
August 24, August 31, September 7, September 14, September 21, September 28, October 5 and October 12
Address: Fællesrådgivningen for Børn og Unge, Falkoner Allé 7, 2. sal, 2000 Frederiksberg