Job offer: Student assistant to help managing projects in East Africa
As a student assistant on LGBT+ Denmarks projects in East Africa, you will helping the responsible project manager with tasks in connection with project implementation across projects in the three countries involved (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania). The tasks will be particularly of a financial and administrative nature. You will have special responsibility for financial control of project funds as well as practical help in connection with planning project visits. You will contribute to collecting and reporting on data from the projects, and provide support for general monitoring and evaluation of the projects. In connection with larger events (such as MIX, Pride, IDAHOT) you will be expected to be involved participating in working groups in the secretariat. There will be an opportunity to grow with the tasks over time.
About LGBT+ Denmark
LGBT+ Denmark is a national organization with an overall goal to create lasting political and social changes for the benefit of LGBT+ people and to increase well-being among LGBT+ people at home and abroad. The association is in the midst of an exciting period of growth in both national and international activities.
We expect you to:
- Work within normal working hours and come into the office most of the time
- Be able write and speak fluent English
- Has knowledge of and can navigate Excel
- Is oriented towards details
- Have at least 2 years left of your studies
- Has knowledge of LGBT+ issues
- A job where you and your skills will come into play, where professional development is prioritized and where there will be ample opportunity for to develop new skills.
- Introduction to the association’s working methods with a focus on minority identities and markers.
- Good opportunity to organize and manage your time.
- A workplace where you, your gender identity and your pronouns are respected and used.
- A place in a committed secretariat of approx. 22 employees and many volunteers who work hard to improve the rights of LGBT+ people both at home and abroad.
Terms and recruitment process:
Employment takes place with an expected start as soon as possible and no later than 1 November. This is a 20-hour position at DKK 125/hour + holiday pay. Interviews are expected to take place in week 41. Send a motivated job offer and CV to Head of Secretariat Susanne Branner Jespersen at [email protected]
Deadline is 30 September 2022, LGBT+ Denmark encourages all qualified persons to apply for the position.