LGBT+ Denmark is the leading national organisation for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, as well as for individuals of non-normative SOGIESC. Founded in 1948, LGBT+ DK is the second oldest LGBT+ organisation in the world, and since then it has worked to promote respect for diverse SOGIESC on various levels, from the local to the global.
The international team has been active since 2013 and runs a number of projects in Northern and Eastern Africa. Through close partnerships with local organisations, the team aims to contribute to the transformation of societies across these regions, specifically with regards to the acceptance and rights of SOGIESC and LGBT+ individuals. They also try to reduce minority stress and increase levels of self-acceptance and self-efficacy amongst these communities.
As an intern in the international team, you will work in close collaboration with the project coordinators and play an important role in the work that LGBT+ DK carries out abroad. You will be introduced to norm-critical and intersectional working methods focusing on minority identities. You will receive guidance and supervision in order to fully benefit from the internship in both a personal and professional capacity. In addition, you will have the opportunity to shape the tasks and responsibilities that you have in line with your interests and skills. Examples of tasks that you can expect to carry out include:
· Supporting the international coordinators and the partner organisations with administration, fundraising and data analysis tasks
· Coordinating the international volunteer team (the Global Queer Volunteers)
· Event planning to promote the work of the team
· Researching and applying for funding and grants to support the projects
We expect that you are:
· A university student or equivalent
· Interested in development projects and international cooperation
· Prepared to work from a norm-critical perspective
· Able to collaborate with a range of stakeholders, including colleagues and those from partner organisations
· Willing to work independently and use your initiative to take on new challenges
· Fluent in English
It is also considered an advantage if you:
· Have previous experience within an LGBT+ environment
· Have knowledge about the situation of LGBT+ individuals in the Global South
· Speak Arabic, French, Swahili or Danish
Your workplace will be at LGBT+ Denmark offices in Copenhagen. The workforce consists of 20 employees, the work environment is informal but we are a team with a high level of dedication and a strong work ethic. The proposed internship period is from 1st February 2021 to July 1st 2021 with a working week of 25 – 37 hours. We are flexible in terms of the organisation of working time and the internship period, so that it fits with any teaching, exam or study job that you may have. Please note that the internship is unpaid.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) to email@example.com no later than 30/11/2020. We will review applications on a continuous basis and we will close the applications once we find the right candidate. LGBT+ Denmark encourages everyone qualified to apply for the position regardless of gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation or ethnicity. For further information on the internship, please contact Juliet Parker (firstname.lastname@example.org).